Think about this…
How often do you have sex? The answers can vary depending on the longevity of your relationship. For ‘honeymoon couples’, as I like to call them, it can be almost every day and twice on weekends. ( Side note: Scientific studies have proven that morning sex has the same benefits as coffee!) But for ‘seasoned couples’ ( over 3 years ), you’ll probably get it in a few times a week. Then those few times turn to every other week and soon you’ll get to a point where you don’t even think about it as much. You just get in bed and go to sleep. You may have intentions of a ‘quickie’, so you get a little touchy-feeling going on; but after 11 ‘o’clock and an 8-9 work shift, moaning can turn into snoring and not in a good way.
And if you’re a woman like Adrienne Bailon, that scenario can be an orgasmic nightmare! On a recent episode of The Real, the 35-year-old co-host was asked how long can she go without an orgasm.
Sheepishly, she replied, “With somebody or with myself?” Truth sis, Bailon admitted the longest she can go without sex is 12 hours!
Bailon once shared she and her husband, gospel singer Israel Houghton, have sex once a day. The two have been married since 2016. Personally, I can go for about three to five days. A whole week, I start getting antsy, two weeks, we have a problem. I have no issue expressing to my partner my physical needs and it’s nothing to be ashamed of.
Sex is not only pleasurable, but it’s also good for your health. Here are a few reasons why:
- Sex eases stress: Scientists say during the act your body releases three hormones. Dopamine, which impacts the brain’s pleasure and reward centers; endorphins, reduces pain and stress; and oxytocin, also known as the cuddle hormone, are all released during sex and create higher levels of orgasms.
- Boosts your mood: no-brainer here, but yes sex makes you happier
- You sleep better: After an orgasm, a hormone called prolactin is released that relaxes you.
- It improves your immunity: Studies show people who have sex once or twice have a higher level of immunoglobulin A, an antibody that works as the body’s first line of defense against diseases.
- It’s a good workout: Having sex for at least 30 minutes is an effective cardio workout. Studies show couples can burn up to 85 calories.
- Alleviates pain: whether it’s menstrual cramps, headaches or childbirth, getting it in, even for a quickie can make it all feel better
How often do you have sex?
A working journalist, entrepreneur and founder of RoyalTee Enterprises. Born and raised in Tampa, Fla. The vision of RoyalTee was inspired in 2015 by Alexia’s ambitions to return to her passion for creative writing and publishing and create a platform to showcase the excellence of minority women across the country through professional, personal and social ventures.